If you're thinking about migrating from QuickBooks Online to Zoho Books, here are some recommendations:
- Make sure to test each type of transaction that you normally have (e.g, invoicing, applying payments, issuing checks, etc.). This will help you confirm whether Zoho Books is a good fit for your business.
- Don't try to import years of historical data. This can be very labor intensive. Focus on loading starting balances and open transactions (e.g. customer invoices, bills, etc)
- Decide how you will handle rounding differences. It's not uncommon to see rounding differences on customer invoices. An example would be that an invoice that totals $1,582.77 in QuickBooks Online may round to $1,582.75 in Zoho Books. These are minor differences, but expect them nevertheless.
- If your plan is to convert to Zoho One, I strongly recommend implementing Zoho CRM before you migrate to Zoho Books.
- Create an organized plan to migrate your data. This will save you lots of time.